Spring - Finally!
Ok - so first of all, it has been way too long (over two months) since I have put out a blog posting...so I will have to do some catching up on Lydia happenings. I will start with the most recent stuff though...
Spring for most people starts in March -- well not for us in Fargo; we got to spend the end of March fighting floods and getting more snow in the midst of it. Daffodils? Tulips? They don't exist in Fargo! Our large cottonwood is just starting to get green on it and the grass is just getting green now.
Now that the tempuratures have been nicer, we have already started to get enjoy introducing Lydia to the wonders of outside. First of all, Lydia loves to swing! We have gone to the park twice now and she loved the swing both times! It is great to see her smile and laugh at us as she sways toward our beaming faces. I can't wait until they day that she says "push me daddy!"
Stroller rides outside have become a regular occurance too, Lydia seems to love looking around and observing the world around her. We certainly are enjoying getting outside more and more and are looking forward to the rest of spring and summer.
Just tonight we also found out that Lydia is very fond of dogs -- well at least our neighbors little dog, Dixie. While sitting outside visiting tonight, Dixie jumped up toward Lydia and Lydia responded with a squeel of delight! From then on she kept on squeeling and giggling when Dixie came near and her blue eyes continued to follow the little dog wherever she went. We are glad that we are able to expose her to a kind creature at a young age....but no, we are NOT getting a dog!
Other things happening...
Lydia's is very SLOWLY progressing into the world of eating solids. She has yet to really love anything but rice cereal -- and there is no telling if she is going to eat well or not at any given meal. When she does eat really well it seems to help her sleep better, so hopefully we can get the eating going more consistently before too long. The few nights of sleeping until 6:30 am have been a wonderful change for Elizabeth especially.
The other major happening is Lydia's continual strengthening in the legs. She is very interested in standing up with the support of daddy/mommy or by pulling herself up by a piece of furniture. She still has little/no progress on crawling, so both Elizabeth and I are thinking that crawling may be a skipped step in the whole mobility process. The gates will be going up soon!!
1 comments:
I see my teasing produced a post!! I really think Lydia is trying to tell you she wants a dog :) I think you should get her one.
Post a Comment