Support and Generosity

Has it already been over a month since Lydia was born?! She of course has changed and grown so much over the past month. Being born at 7lb 6 oz, she is now over 9 pounds and starting to outgrow some of her newborn clothes. She is definitely becoming more aware of the world around her. The other night I was able to catch her attention with a toy and even get her to follow it with her eyes for a while when I moved it back and forth in front of her. Her sleep patterns are fluxuating, with her waking up more in the middle of the night than she used to. One thing is certain, it is a conflict of interest to have Lydia staring up at you with her wide awake but content eyes at 2 am when you are tired and want to go back to bed. Overall things are still going well, and I know personally that I am not pulling my fair share. Elizabeth has shown herself to be a wonderful mother to Lydia - she is absolutely giving of herself and does so with great pride and joy. I cannot thank her enough for the wonderful love and support that she is giving to Lydia and myself.


Over the past month we have continually been showered with many wonderful gifts from many people that certainly have helped us greatly. I know that even as all of us think about where the economy is going to go next, we have all these persons giving to us so abundantly! In addition to the gifts, we have also had wonderful friends and family come and cook meals for us and offer to help out with whatever we may need help with. If anybody loves to rake leaves, do I have just the yard for you! :)
More important than the gifts is knowing that Lydia has such wonderful friends and family that already love and support her. These friends and family will be there to help Lydia develop, grow, and discover the world.

We look forward to getting to introduce her to everyone who has yet to meet her!






0 comments: