Two Weeks


It is hardly believable that two weeks have passed since Lydia's birth. But, then again, it is amazing how much we have done, learned, and witnessed over those same two weeks. I would have figured that it would be months before I would look the part of a parenting veteran - but now I can already see that both Elizabeth and I have quickly found our comfort zone in regards to caring for Lydia. Passing her off to one another or somebody is no longer done with full fear of "breaking" the baby. Instead we are now more relaxed and are really starting to have fun with our daughter.

I have to say, that this transition would have been many many times more difficult if we would not have had the wonderful help of Elizabeth's parents throughout these two weeks. I am not sure how we would have done it without Jack and Cynthia there to help around the house and be an extra set of arms that were more than willing to hold Lydia while Elizabeth and I rested or took care of other things. When Cynthia left on Friday, there was a moment of panick for both Elizabeth and I as we realized that we were "on our own" to take care of Lydia (and ourselves).

Well, Over 24-hours have passed, and I think that we will make it work. Lydia and I even had our first experience figuring out getting her fed and changed in a public place while mommy was on campus for class. I now know that College men's restrooms are not the ideal place to change a baby! No matter what happens in the next weeks and months, it is comforting to know that we have great support available from both sets of our parents and they are only a phone call away.

Here are this weeks pictures (note that some have been added since they were first posted).
Thanks to Cynthia/Nana for all her great photography! We will never be able to thank her enough for all the great memories that were captured during her visit. We will be doing our best to continue the great pictures coming!




1 comments:

Anna said...

Such a beautiful and cute little girl you have. We can't to see you all soon at Christmas!